As I write, we are still under partial lockdown in the UK as a result of COVID-19. As a photographer by trade, you can imagine that my business, along with so many others, has been severely impacted. Considering myself extremely lucky and managing to survive during these extremely challenging times, it has been frustrating not to be able to do the job I love so much.
But now that lockdown is being released in small steps, I was asked by Lotty of Lotty’s Flower in Faversham to head on down into the town centre and to capture a selection of images to illustrate and highlight the fact that businesses will be re-opening on 15 June, much to the delight of the town and its inhabitants. Shopping local will have so much more meaning now and, although online purchases have kept many of us going, being able to spend money in our local town will feel even better than it did before.
Note: the beautifully socially distanced traders! Optima Opticians, The Yard, Barleymow Gifts, Creekside Vinyl, Top Hat and Tales, Oli Bongo’s, Vino, Lotty’s Flowers …
Three business owners, Charlotte of Lotty’s Flowers, Jenny of Barleymow Gifts and Interiors and Fabio of Vino have joined together and currently have a competition in place which you can follow here: Faversham Traders competition …
I really enjoyed being back behind the camera and producing some great images that can be used on social media.
I hope the weather on Saturday will be wonderful but I know for a fact that Faversham Traders are there for the town, come rain or shine!
To find out more about my business photography packages, please do get in touch. I can help make your business and branding more visible and ensure that you stand out from the crowd!
I have known Lucy for a good few years now and both being based in Faversham, and both owning dogs, means that we bump into each other quite frequently.
Lucy is the brains behind Mad Creative who provide the following services. They can:
- Provide your business with a new bespoke designed website that reflects your aims and ambitions.
- Write a marketing strategy for your business that can support social media providing focus to help you better promote your services and products. We can help you implement the new ideas and also manage your social media for your business, if you don’t have the time or inclination.
- Improve your visibility and reach with Search Engine Optimisation solutions. We can even teach you and guide you.
- Write blogs to support your business and keep customers up-to-date with your news. Sharing your business news and expertise will help others know how amazing you are.
- Create beautifully designed presentations, brochures, logos and graphics to further support your business.
Lucy (logically) is a regular user and poster on social media. After all, it’s part of her business knowing the up-to-date algorithms and vagaries of Facebook and Instagram. You might like to follow her here: Mad Creative’s instagram link. The company’s Facebook page can be found here.
We arranged to meet up at the creek in Faversham which is steeped in history and has a great variety of backgrounds against which we could work.
I’m delighted to see that Lucy has used a great selection of the images that we made that day on her social media pages. It’s great to be visible, especially when you are working in a market where people need to see who you are and what you offer. You are the face of your business.
If you are looking to be more visible on social media, please do get in touch via the contact form on my site. Or, if you are feeling brave, pick up the phone (my number is on the site).
Thanks Lucy for choosing such a great location and I look forward to working with you again in the future.